Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pre-Date Cancellation

Welcome to 2013!
I'm 35, single and flyy, and ready for my special someone.  Sooooooo that means I have to d d ddd sheesh I can't even bring myself to say the dang word.  D A T E.  There.  I spelled it.

Let's face it.  Dating friggin sucks ass for anyone that has to do it.  Too many guys are used to the desperate availability of women online, preying on their vulnerabilities.  Even if you can navigate through the crap in the crowd, over 50% of men you'll meet will fail to meet your minimum standards.  I am a HUGE fan of minimum standards.

Take for example Craigslist.  Now before you go saying "well there's your problem" hear/read me out.  Craigslist is free, so you know everyone you hear from is actually able to contact you.  Unlike dating sites where you have to pay to read your emails.  Just because YOU pay/subscribe does not mean that the supposedly eligible beau you email has done the same.  I am of the opinion that my emails on those paid subscriber sites go into lala land.  Anyway, back to Craigs.

Now CL has lots of options to choose from depending upon your mood.  I can say that I have sought every fantasy of male possible: lawyer, fireman, personal trainer...with the help of CL I have found all of them.  In this regard, CL is very useful ... for getting you exactly what you desire.  To speak of.  I have met some hotties.  I've met some not so hotties.  I've definitely had the misfortune of receiving some naughty emails in response to my ads.  That comes along with the territory.  Nonetheless, nothing has panned out to anything remotely resembling anything permanent.  Of course you're attributing this to the search starting on CL.  I attribute this to my own stupidity.

Case in point a gentleman I've met recently.  Let's call him Terry.  Terry and I decided to correspond over ponderables.  Things that mean nothing in particular but perplex us both at the same time.  We developed sort of a bond over these ponderables over a span of about a month.  I remember starting correspondence with him shortly after Thanksgiving.  We had breaks but never more than a few days.  Suffice it to say we were email friends.  I never asked for his last name.  I never asked for a photo.  He paid me the same courtesy.

Yesterday I was having a bad day.  In 2012 roughly 80% of my days I would consider to be bad, but I'm 1) a woman, 2) overly emotional, and 3) on medication.  Number three somehow got revealed.  Why?  How?  He asked me how my day was.  I was honest.  Told him it was shitty but thankfully I've taken my meds so I can look forward to tomorrow.  Classic over share.  Nonetheless, he drops me an IM today and tells me that he's had other dates with women that were on medication and it never ended up working out.  So he'd rather not waste his time or mine.  However I scored bonus points for sharing before going left on him.  Mmmkay.

So what have we learned?
For starters, a guy you've yet to have a first date with need not know you're on prescribed medication for mental health.

This is a valuable lesson.  I lack good judgement sometimes.  Often I speak before I think about what's coming out of my mouth.  I suppose I am too much of an open book.  Ahwell.  On to the next...

2 comments:

  1. After a month of talking/texting/email, and with the high percentage of people who take medication daily, that doesn't seem like you overshared. Glad that guy realized he wasn't worth your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks!
      I still felt that twinge of rejection pain but it's probably for the best anyway.

      Delete